What is Senior Fellow Helen Rhee working on?
Helen recently led a workshop at the Santa Barbara missions conference titled “The Care of the Poor as a Corollary to Christ’s Reconciling Work: Lessons from the Early Church.” Her book Loving the Poor, Saving the Rich: Wealth, Poverty, and Early Christian Formation was published in 2012 (Baker Academic).
Helen has two books of her own writing and research in the works:
- Pain, Illness, and Healthcare in Early Christianity
- “I Am What I Am by the Grace of God”: Bodily Pain, Suffering, and Spirituality in Early Christianity
She is compiling and editing an anthology of early Christian texts for Augsberg Fortress:
- Wealth and Poverty in Early Christianity (Sources of Early Christian Thought Series)
Helen is also working on:
- A chapter entitled , “Irenaeus and Paul: Sexuality, Virginity, and Women” and
- Two papers, one on “Reading Paul in Cyprian: On the Unity and Purity of the Church,” and the other on ” Patients in Early Christianity.”
Helen serves on the Editorial Board for the Sources of Early Christian Thought Series.