The Dallas Willard Center and Martin Institute
As part of the Martin Institute for Christianity and Culture, the Dallas Willard Center places an enduring emphasis on the intellectual legacy of Dallas Willard, including his focus on the possibility and path to authentic spiritual and moral transformation. We do this through:
The broad goals of the Martin Institute and Dallas Willard Center include:
- Developing and supporting a new generation of thought leaders who experience and articulate an interactive relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Supporting the establishment of the field of Christian spiritual formation as a discipline of public knowledge that is open to research and pedagogy of the highest order.
We provide spiritual formation opportunities and ongoing programs for Westmont College students, faculty and staff. Along with our partners in the academic, campus pastor, and student life departments, we currently offer:
We support and engage in Christian spiritual formation research and writing.
As we grow, we will develop an online collection of scholarly and practical materials accessible to researchers and other visitors.
Our current initiatives include:
We support the development of new resources and programs for Christian spiritual formation. Supporting new resources includes the cultivation of a network of professionals working within the field of Christian spiritual formation, hosting and participating in conferences, and collaborating with other organizations that share our goals.
Our current offerings and partnerships include:
- Bookstore and Recommendations
- Conversations Journal
- The Dallas Willard Timeline
- The Dallas Willard Wordbook
- The Renovaré Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Partnerships with like-minded organizations
- Video of Dallas Willard’s last public appearance (at our 2013 Knowing Christ conference):”Living in Christ’s Presence”)